Soup isn’t usually considered a summer food, but it’s time for that perception to change. Gazpacho is a cool and refreshing dish that is also packed full of vegetables like tomatoes, which provide a number of vitamins and minerals like vitamin c, potassium, vitamin K and folate (vitamin B6). This recipe may have a long ingredient list, but by having a blender do most of the chopping it comes together in a snap!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: N/A Servings: 6
- 3 stalks Celery, roughly chopped
- 1 seedless Cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 Zucchini, roughly chopped
- ½ Red Onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cups Tomato Juice (flavored if desired)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- ½ small Jalapeno, roughly chopped (if desired)
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sweetener of Choice
- 1 pound Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- To a large blender add half of the celery, cucumber, zucchini, red onion, and tomato juice. Blender together until nearly smooth.
- Add all of the garlic, jalapeno, olive oil, vinegar, and sweetener and blend again until well incorporate.
- Add the remaining tomato juice and vegetables, including the tomatoes. Pulse a few times to achieved desired texture. Gazpacho is classically a little chunky, with small but visible pieces of vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. For the best taste, chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!