Hummus originates from the Middle East and is a puree of chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil and flavored with your choice of spices! Hummus is a great plant source of fiber and protein!
Try this Vibrant Beet Hummus Recipe Below!
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 lemon juice, 1/2 lemon zested
- 1 small roasted beet
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 F, clean and wash your beet, wrap in foil with a drizzle of olive oil and roast for an hour.
- Place your beet in a food processor once it is cooled down and blend until almost smooth.
- Add in the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, tahini into the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Slowly add in the olive oil as the hummus is blending.
- Taste and add more seasoning if needed.
- Store in a tightly sealed container and enjoy!
*Can stay in the refrigerator for up to a week!*