Do you need a quick and easy dinner to make for yourself or your family? This vegan mac n cheese is the perfect healthy comfort food!
- 8 ounces of gluten free pasta shells or elbows (Jovial or Banza are good brands to use)
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Boil the cashews: bring a pot of water to a boil, add in the raw cashews and let them sit for about 20 minutes, or until they are soft. Drain and rinse them, then set aside for later.
- Make the pasta: bring another pot of water to a boil, add pinch of salt to the water, add the pasta and cook according to the package. Save 1/2 cup of pasta water for later, drain and rinse the noodles.
- Add the cashews, lemon juice, garlic, nutritional yeast, chili powder, turmeric, pepper, salt and the pasta water. Blend all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Add the pasta to a bowl, pour the sauce over and mix.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
*Leftovers can stay in the fridge for up to 4 days*