Do you love eggplant but not sure what to do with it? Here are three different recipes using eggplant to give you some ideas!
Stuffed Miso Eggplant:
- 2 large eggplants sliced in half with middle scraped out,
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon low sodium tamari
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1/2 teaspoon mirin (rice vinegar)
For tomato salad:
- 10 basil leaves
- 10-15 halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons miso
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 F, then add parchment paper to a baking sheet.
- Add eggplant shells onto the lined baking tray, then add the insides from the eggplant into a bowl for later.
- Heat a pan over medium heat on the stovetop. Add in the garlic and onion into the bowl with the eggplant and mix until combined.
- Add oil into the pan, then add in the eggplant mixture and cook for about 4 minutes, then add in the walnuts, mirin, tamari, miso and cook for one more minute.
- Add the eggplant mixture into the eggplant shells on baking tray evenly and cook for about 25 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add together the tomatoes, scallions, basil and salt. In a different bowl add together the dressing ingredients and whisk together.
- After the eggplant is cooked through and cooled, add the tomato salad and dressing on top. Serve and enjoy!
Mediterranean Grilled Eggplant:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large eggplants, sliced into 1/4" rounds
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 a lemon juiced
- one lemon juiced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup tahini
- salt to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Brush mixture over eggplant and season with pepper and salt.
- Grill eggplant until they are tender over medium heat, approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Top with parsley and more lemon juice, serve and enjoy!
Eggplant & Quinoa Buddha Bowl:
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 2 eggplants, cubed
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 large container of spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste.
- While the quinoa is cooking on the stove (follow directions on the package), preheat the oven to 425 F, and add your cubed eggplant to a lined baking sheet. Roast the eggplant for about 25 minutes, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat to cook the spinach. Add in the package of spinach and cook until wilted.
- Mix the quinoa with balsamic vinegar.
- Assemble your buddha bowl by adding the quinoa on the bottom, then adding the eggplant and spinach on top, add more balsamic if needed. Serve and enjoy!