Do you need an easy lunch to prep for your weekdays? This buffalo chickpea salad is a great lunch to keep you full and satisfied throughout the day!
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened plain plant based yogurt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2-3 Tablespoons buffalo sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Gluten free bread (or bread of choice)
- In a medium sized bowl, add the chickpeas and mash with a potato masher or a fork. Mash until the chickpeas are a chunky texture.
- Add in the diced peppers, onions, garlic, spices, tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, buffalo sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix together until everything is evenly combined. If the chickpea mixture seems dry, add one Tablespoon of water at a time and mix. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Assemble your sandwich: Add the chickpea mixture onto one side of the bread, top with sliced tomatoes and lettuce, cover with other slice of bread.
*Chickpea salad can also be eaten on it's own with no bread*