Prep Time: 20 minutes, Cook Time: 10 minutes. (makes approximately 7-8 fritters)
- 3 cups grated zucchini yellow or green, do not peel, just trim ends; use large hole of a standard cheese grater
- 3/4 – 1 cup chickpea flour (or gluten-free flour of choice)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 3-4 tablespoons chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seed
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Combine with a spoon or spatula until you have a uniform mixture. Allow mixture to sit for 15-20 minutes.
- When ready to cook, heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Use an ice cream scoop to measure the mix, and transfer level scoops to your skillet. Use a spatula to flatten into a fritter shape on the pan.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, until golden on the first side. Flip with the spatula and cook for another 2-4 minutes on the second side. If the fritters are getting too brown, reduce heat to allow the centers of the fritters to cook more fully. Once golden brown, remove and serve immediately.