Spring Pear Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Servings: 4
- 4 cups baby kale
- 2 cups low-sodium chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried
- 1 cup Asian pears, thinly sliced
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- ½ cup pickled onions (check out our blog on Okinawa Pickled Vegetables)
- Edible flowers
- ¼ cup N4L Imported Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- Wash and prepare all produce according to the ingredient list
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients
- In a large bowl combine kale, chickpeas, pears, quinoa. Toss until well combined.
- Add pickled onions and dressing and toss again gently. Garnish with edible flowers. Enjoy!
Okinawa Spring Rolls
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Makes 3 Servings
- 6 sheets rice paper
- 1 cup white rice, cooked
- ½ cup cabbage, roughly chopped
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced into strips
- ½ cup carrots, thinly sliced into strips
- ¼ cup mango, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 Tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoons spearmint, roughly chopped
- Reduced sodium tamari for serving
- Wash and prepare all produce according to ingredient list
- Begin boiling 3 cups of water in a medium-sized pot
- While the water boils, prepare your station by grabbing a large cutting board and dampening it with a wet paper towel. Grab your pickled vegetables out of the fridge and drain.
- Once the water has boiled, remove it from heat, and using tongs, dip the rice paper in for 10-15 seconds or until pliable.
- Add about 2 Tablespoons of white rice. Top with chopped cilantro and spearmint. Layer cabbage, peppers, carrots, and mango. Fold over once, tuck in edges, and continue rolling over.
- Sprinkle with scallions and serve with reduced sodium tamari!
Chocolate Energy Bites
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Makes 18 balls
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- ½ cup dried apricots
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- Toppings: Dried Roses, Cocoa Powder, Gold Leaf Dusting
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients to a food a processor. Pulse until fully combined and the dough easily holds together when squeezed in your hand.
- Roll the dough into tablespoon size balls. Roll balls into your desired toppings. (Have a sweet tooth? Dip the dough in melted chocolate before sprinkling on your toppings!)
- Store the balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.