This healthy and flavorful weeknight dinner is a great way to include more fish in your diet! For this recipe, feel free to use any white, flakey fish (we prefer cod!) White fish, like cod or flounder, are good sources of protein and are low in fat. They are high in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and have significant amounts of calcium and selenium. With the warmer weather, note that this recipe calls for grilling as a cooking method instead of frying. Grilling is an easy and flavorful way to avoid adding any unhealthy fats!
Prep time: 1 hour and 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Serving size: 4 servings
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 pound of wild-caught white fish like cod, filleted
- 2 Tablespoons dairy-free, unflavored yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Your favorite Pico de Gallo, or other fresh salsa
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl. Add the fish and cover. Allow the fish to marinate for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Once the fish is done marinating, remove it from the fridge and preheat the grill on high heat.
- Once the grill is warm enough, add the marinated fish to the grill and cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook for another 5 minutes until the fish is flakey.
- While the fish is cooking, prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients in a small bowl
- Heat the tortillas according to the package instructions.
- To assemble, add 1-2 pieces of fish to each tortilla. Drizzle with dressing, avocado, and fresh salsa!
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro. Enjoy!