Being able to cook with all parts of vegetables helps with food waste, can save you money, and is overall more sustainable for the environment! Try this recipe using carrot greens!
- 4 cups of carrot greens
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Cut off the tops of the carrots, the carrot greens, and add to a bowl of cold water to remove as much dirt as you can.
- Chop the rest of the carrots and save in the fridge for later use.
- Remove the greens from the water and add to a salad spinner, or dry between towels.
- Once the greens are dry, mince the garlic and add to a pan as well as the olive oil on medium heat, cook garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the red pepper flakes into the pan for 20 seconds before adding in the carrot greens.
- Stir the greens consistently until they are wilted and fully cooked down, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish or as a snack. Enjoy!