Move over avocado toast, there’s a new staple that’s sure to be the center of attention for everyone’s Mother’s Day brunch! Show appreciation to the important role model in your life with this quick and delicious sweet brunch recipe! Featuring white beans as a sweetened spread, it can be customized with any delicious fruit of your choice. White beans are an excellent source of fiber, 10 grams per half cup to be exact. Having enough dietary fiber in your day can help lower harmful LDL cholesterol and is linked to lower risk of heart disease!2 Don’t forget about the whole grain toast! Whole grains are another component in this delightful recipe to ensure you meet your recommended dietary fiber for the day!
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Servings: 10
- 1, 15oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup plant-based milk of your choice, unsweetened either vanilla or unflavored
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 slices whole grain bread of your choice, toasted to preference
- 2 cups mixed fresh fruit, suggestion: thinly sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, kiwi slices, etc.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the beans, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla. Blend until a smooth paste forms.
- Spread toasted bread with bean mixture and top with fruit of choice. (We recommend making a friendly breakfast bar!)
- Enjoy with family for the perfect *new* brunch staple!
- Lark B.; 2021. https://unsplash.com/photos/aGjP08-HbYY. Accessed April 15, 2021.
- Publishing H. Legume of the month: White beans - Harvard Health. Harvard Health. https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/legume-of-the-month-white-beans. Published 2021. Accessed April 15, 2021.
- What Is a Whole Grain?. Eatright.org. https://www.eatright.org/food/nutrition/healthy-eating/what-is-a-whole-grain. Published 2021. Accessed April 15, 2021.