Last week we started the conversation about tailgate foods with our sweet potato black bean sliders. That recipe is great if you have time the day before, especially because the flavors will develop as the sliders rest. But what if you wake up on game day and realize you still have to make a dish?
Being short on time does not mean having to give up flavor. With some fresh produce and a few common pantry ingredients, you can make a delicious and nutritious veggie platter that will blow away anything you can find in the grocery store.
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Servings: 12
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 large Lemons, juiced
- ½ cup Tahini
- 2 cloves Garlic
- ¼ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets
- 1 cup Celery, sliced
- 1 cup Cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup Baby Carrots
- 1 cup Bell Peppers, sliced
- Place the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, cumin, and salt into the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth and transfer to an airtight container.
- Prepare the vegetables as desired. Transfer to a platter and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- A good rule of thumb is to plan for ½ a cup of vegetables and ⅓ a cup of dip per person.
- If transporting your food, make sure you read up on our food safety blog!