Salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, protein and some essential vitamins and minerals. Try this quick and simple dinner of teriyaki salmon with rice and veggies!
- 1 cup rice dry
- 2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 wild caught salmon fillets
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 1/8 cup water
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari for gluten free
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Green onion and sesame seeds for garnish
- Add the garlic, 1/8 water, soy sauce, coconut sugar, rice wine vinegar, and sesame oil into a bowl.
- Add half of the marinade into a zip lock bag and marinate the salmon fillets for 30 minutes. Place the other half of the marinade to the side for later.
- While the fillets are marinating, cook the rice, heat 2 cups of water in a medium sized pot and bring to a boil. After the water has boiled, stir in 1 cup dry rice, stir and lower heat to low and cover. After about 15-17 minutes, check to see if the rice has absorbed all of the liquid, once it does, the rice is finished.
- Make the broccoli: heat a pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 cloves minced garlic. Add in the broccoli florets, add salt and pepper to taste. Cover pan with lid and let steam for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium pan, add the salmon fillets and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Heat the extra marinade in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the tapioca starch and water into a bowl and whisk together. Bring mixture to a simmer and let thicken.
- Drizzle the sauce over the salmon fillets.
- Serve with rice and broccoli, top with green onions and sesame seeds, enjoy!