Stir fry's are an easy and versatile dinner or lunch option when you need something simple and quick to make! All you need is some veggies from your fridge, rice, and a protein source of your choice!
- 1 package of extra firm tofu
- 2-3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 cups of broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup red peppers, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil (for sautéing)
- 1/4 cup Tamari or Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 Tablespoon tapioca starch
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. drain and press the tofu to dry.
- *To press & dry tofu; place tofu between two towels and place a heavy object (bowl or book) on top of it for about 15 minutes.
- Once the tofu is dry, chop the tofu into medium sized cubes. Add the tofu to the baking sheet evenly across, and bake for 25-30 minutes, flip the tofu halfway through.
- While the tofu is cooking, cook the brown rice (follow cooking instructions on bag, 1 cup dry to 2 cups water).
- In a bowl, mix together the tamari, maple syrup, ginger, and tapioca starch.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then add the sesame oil. Add in the vegetables, cook for about 7 minutes. After the vegetables have some color, add in the sauce and stir. Then add in the tofu and mix together.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve vegetables and tofu over the brown rice, enjoy!