At the beginning of the summer, we shared our Homemade Popsicle recipe. But what if you’re craving another sweet treat before the end of summer? Look no further than this simple Watermelon Sorbet! This recipe is easy to make and can be a great way to get kids involved in the kitchen.
Before you get started, there are a few things you need to know!
This recipe involves handling a bag full of ice cubes. While it might feel good for a moment in the hot summer heat, after 10 minutes your hands might go numb! A good tip is to wear a pair of gloves or oven mitts to keep your hands warm.
This sorbet also works best when made with seedless watermelon because it blends into a very smooth consistency. You can experiment with other fruit with high water content like melons and strawberries, but make sure they’re free of any seeds.
Let’s see how to make this homemade watermelon sorbet!
- 1 cup Seedless Watermelon, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice (optional)
- 3 cups Ice
- ⅓ cup Salt
- Place the watermelon in a blender with the optional lime juice. Blender until a smooth juice forms.
- Pour the mixture into a small, resealable plastic bag. Push out excess air and seal.
- Put the ice and salt into a larger, resealable plastic bag. Put the smaller bag inside the larger, then seal. Shake vigorously for 7-10 minutes, or until sorbet has thickened.
- Remove from the bag and serve with your favorite toppings