Have you ever heard of a poke bowl? Poke means "to cut or slice" and includes a raw fish, usually salmon or tuna. It has become a very popular dish over the years and there are so many different ways to make them!
Mango Sesame Poke Bowl:
Ingredients for poke bowl (2 servings):
- 1 cup of rice, cooked (follow cooking instructions on bag, 1 cup dry to 2 cups water)
- 1 mango, chopped small
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 bag of edamame, frozen or fresh
- 1 piece of sushi grade salmon, chopped (can substitute with tofu if preferred vegan)
- 1-2 scallions, chopped small
- 1-2 cucumbers, sliced thin
- 3 radishes, sliced thin
- Sesame seeds, to top
Ingredients for Sauce (2 servings):
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 2-4 tablespoon water
- Add sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Set off to the side.
- Add cooked rice to bottom of bowl, top with avocado, mango, cucumbers, radishes, edamame, salmon, scallions, sesame seeds.
- Drizzle sauce over poke bowl and mix.
You can add anything to your poke bowl and tailor it to your liking!